- PhD, University of Tasmania (Transforming the Odds: Bottom-Up Driven Social Empowerment and Inclusion in Regional Australia) 2013
- Master of Environmental Management, University of Tasmania 2010
- Diploma of Project Management, Tasmanian Skills Institute
- Bachelor of Science, Alemaya University, Ethiopia
- Certificate in Participatory Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation, NETWAS International, Nairobi, Kenya
- Certificate in Participatory Rural Appraisal, FARM Africa (NGO) & Institute of Development Studies, Sussex (UK)
Kiros is a Development Anthropologist with Agricultural Science and Environmental Management qualifications. Kiros is a trained practitioner in participatory learning approaches (PLA) and Social Return on Investment (SROI) and he implements participatory and science based frameworks to work cooperatively with culturally and linguistically diverse communities, government, industry and other stakeholders in Australia, Africa, and the Asia-Pacific to achieve sustainable solutions.
Over the years, Kiros has worked with communities, governments and non-governmental organisations in Africa and Australia and his experiences has spanned from international and regional development, sustainable farming and food security, training and facilitation, change management and leadership, environmental and project management, to migration and settlement.
Kiros’ key recent projects are:
- Establishing regional indicators of social sustainability for the Tasmanian Aquaculture industry (2012) for Australian Fisheries Research and Development Corporation (FRDC)
- Evaluation of the Australian Red Cross place-based, community development approach in Bridgewater, Tasmania (2015-16)
- Sustainable Livelihood Analysis of Inland Fisheries Program in Papua New Guinea (2015 – current) for Australian Centre for International Agricultural Research (ACIAR)
- ACIAR Fisheries Program Retrospective Evaluation between 2000 and 2012 (2014 – 2016) for Australian Centre for International Agricultural Research (ACIAR)
Find out more about his work history via his LinkedIn account.
T: 03 6231 9033