Client: The Australian Centre for International Agricultural Research (ACIAR) Fisheries Program
RDS is undertaking a retrospective evaluation of the scientific and social/community impact of ACIAR Fisheries Research Program since 2000, with a focus on:
- Scientific impact
- Capability development
- Benefits to Australia
- Community and social benefits, and
- Lessons learned.
The overall aim of the project is to assess the outputs, benefits and impacts of the Fisheries Program, with the main objectives being to:
- create a solid foundation to explore frameworks for maximising positive scientific and social impacts of future ACIAR Fisheries projects
- create resources that will demonstrate the scientific and social implications of ACIAR Fisheries activities
- provide evidence of deeper, more socially meaningful effects beyond the primary project outputs and beyond typical project timeframes
- capture organisational intelligence on impacts while individuals involved in the ca. 150 projects started since 2000 are still able to be engaged
- create a collective body of knowledge of lessons learned, and
- provide a process of confirmation for all involved in past projects.
For more information contact:
Dr Kiros Hiruy at email@example.com or +61 3 6231 9033